Kee Bass by Martinic (Free Monophonic String Bass Emulator Plugin)
Published on: September 24, 2021
About this plugin:
Bring some groovy, bassy vibes back from the ‘60s and straight into your music with our faithful emulation of one of the first monophonic string bass simulators, the Rheem Kee Bass.
Our Kee Bass VST/AU plugin is based on the original electronic schema and an actual physical Kee Bass. Firstly we modeled the instrument precisely (no sampling at all), then we added a few modern features to make it more versatile and unique, such as an extended range, a filter, and modulation.
And best of all… we’re giving you a license FOR FREE!
The Kee Bass is also available as part of our Retro Pack, a collection of our grooviest instruments and effects with a bundle discount.
If you would like instructions for this plug-in, you can browse through the manual page.
The Kee Bass was one of the first monophonic string bass emulators. Note tuning was accomplished through individual trim pots, one per key. This made tuning relatively easy and accurate. They have a limited lifespan, however, if one key ‘went’, the others would remain stable, making for an easy fix and a reliable product. The Kee Bass, interestingly, used the same power supply that was used for televisions at the time. Read more about the history of the Kee Bass.
- Physical modeling (no samples used) of vintage Rheem Kee Bass
- Bass Fuzz sound - built in
- Percussion - Fast decay
- Percussion - Slow decay
- Bright-Mellow option on all sounds
- 2 Full Octave Keyboard
- Modeled Solid State Electronic Circuitry
- 2.5 MB Portable Lightweight Beauty
- Plays Booming String Bass Notes when loaded into any VST/AU host
- Level adjust
- Adjustable 25-note tuning
- Extended 128 MIDI note range
- Pitch bend ±2 semitones
- All settings MIDI learnable
- Poly mode
- Low/high/last note priority
- Attack/decay adjust
- Low pass filter with resonance
- Filter LFO/envelope modulation
- Wide range of presets
- Fine tuning
- Transpose/octave shift
- Protected by FastSpring generated license key file. No dongle or online activation.